Thursday, January 9, 2020

WIPocalypse 2020

I am joining WIPocalypse 2020 which is the brain child of Measi's Musings. It's the first time I'm participating and I love the idea of keeping track of the progress on my WIPs and following along with everyone else's progress.

I am Amy. I live on the East End of Long Island in New York. I learned to stitch as a teenager but stopped stitching during graduate school and when my children were little. In 2015 I picked up a kit on Amazon and later discovered the vast array of amazing designers and new fabrics and floss. I've been stitching non-stop ever since.

I've picked 8 WIPs and 3 new starts that I'd like to focus on this year.

1. Herbularius is one of my oldest WIPs. It requires that I'm not too tired in order to work on it. My goal for 2020 is to work a minimum of 4 hours per week. It will be the first piece I work on during the week to guarantee that I make that goal. I also bought some scroll rod fabric tensioners to help with the side tension making it more pleasurable to work on.


Herbularius by Chatelaine 1.09.20



2. I'd like to finish Give Thanks by The Drawn Thread in 2020. The specialty stitches in this piece are a lot of fun to work on.

Give Thanks by The Drawn Thread 1.09.20


3. I'd like to make significant progress on Halloween Fairy by Nora Corbet. I might even get this done by Halloween!

Halloween Fairy by Nora Corbet 1.09.20

4. I'd like to make significant progress on Christmas by Renato Parolin. I'm hoping for a finish by Christmas.
Christmas Tree by Renato Parolin 1.09.20
5. My goal is to finish Spring Robin by Mill Hill.
Spring Robin by Mill Hill 1.09.20

6. My goal is to make significant progress on Antique Celtic Sampler by Elizabeth's Needlework Designs.
Antique Celtic Sampler by Elizabeth's Needlework Designs
7. I think I can finish Winter Snow Owl by Blackberry Lane designs in January. I need to make it into an ornament before Christmas 2020 :)

Winter Snow Owl by Blackberry Lane Designs

8. I would like to finish Blue Jeans and Daisies by Blue Ribbon Designs. I did start this but I'm not home and I don't have a picture with me. I'll add it as soon as possible.


9. I will start Hariet Hartland, 1782 by Hands Across the Sea Samplers. I hope to start it next week.
Hariet Hartland, 1782 by Hands Across the Sea Samplers

10. I will start HL's Moth by Kathy Barrick in 2020. I have a gorgeous wine color fabric for this. I think it's called Napa and was hand-dyed by Silkweaver. 

Image result for hls moth kathy barrick

11. I will start A Stitching Shelf by Aimee Stewart through Heaven and Earth Designs.




So those are my goals for 2020. I would really like to reduce the number of WIPs although adding three new starts (and one of them a HAED) might be a little self-defeating.

Happy stitching!





7 comments:

  1. Thanks for commenting on my blog. You are a "no reply" person but if you reply to this comment by email, I'll have your email address.
    You have some great projects lined up for 2020, it's going to be fun watching these grow.
    Trick or Treat Fairy is on my Stitch List, one day!
    The owl is stunning and of course the Chatelaine is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many gorgeous projects! I am extra tickled to see Stitching Shelf on this list ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am so excited to start it that I'm blowing my Stitch from Stash first half of 2020 goal and it's only January LOL. I don't care. It's been on my wish list for ages and the universe has spoken that I should have it. :) Who am I to resist?

      Delete
  3. Good luck on your 2020 goals! You have beautiful projects to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely projects. I will enjoy watching your progess!

    ReplyDelete