Thursday, May 5, 2016

My Primary WIP

I finished the cross stitches and specialty stitches for part 1 of Chatelaine's Herbularius Garden Mandala. Next I'll work on the backstitches for this part.


It's really coming together and I'm loving stitching it.

The beginning of the pattern was a little fiddly. I have trouble with tension at the beginning of every piece I start. You would think I'd learn to do some practice stitches on a scrap piece of linen. But it also started with 1/4 and 3/4 stitches which I hadn't had a lot of experience with and while I got better at them throughout the piece I'm hoping the beads in the center hide the first partial stitches.

Here's a closeup of some Diamond Eyelets.


It's been a joy to stitch this pattern.

1 comment:

  1. Stunning!! Looking forward to seeing it with the back stitching :)

    ReplyDelete