Sunday, January 3, 2021

Wipocalpyse 2021

 The less said about 2020's goals the better. Let's just pretend that whole year didn't happen. 

I am joining WIPocalypse 2021 which is a blog hop and the brain child of Measi's Musings. This is the second time I'm participating and I love the idea of keeping track of the progress on my WIPs and following along with everyone else's progress.

I am Amy. I live on the East End of Long Island, New York. I learned to stitch as a teenager but stopped stitching during graduate school and when my children were little. In 2015 I picked up a kit on Amazon and later discovered the vast array of amazing designers and new fabrics and floss. I've been stitching non-stop ever since.

I am participating in WIPGO 2021 on Facebook. You can find all the information about it on Jessie Marie Does Stuff on Youtube. Essentially one constructs a BINGO board out of WIPs or new starts and determines a goal for each square. I intend to work 10 hours on each project called. I feel that this is a reachable goal. 


WIPGO 2021 Board


Squares 1 through 6 are new starts. My plan is to start a new ornament every other month so that I'll have them by the time we put up the Christmas tree. I will work on the ornaments below and from the Just Cross Stitch 2020 Christmas Ornament magazine.




Square 7: Herbularius by Chatelaine


Square 8: Halloween Fairy by Nora Corbett



Square 9: Christmas by Renato Parolin



Square 10: Hanukkah Table Topper by Dutch Treat Design



Square 11: Blue Jeans and Daisies by Blue Ribbon Designs



Square 12: Antique Celtic Sampler by Elizabeth's Designs


Square 14: Winter Snow Owl by Blackberry Lane Designs


Square 15: Harriet Hartland, 1782 by Hands Across The Sea Samplers


Square 16: Mother Nature by Kathy Barrick


Square 17: Fa La La Llama by Satsuma Street. This will be a Christmas stocking for my granddaughter.


Square 19: A Stitching Shelf by Aimee Stewart, Heaven and Earth Design.


Square 20: Give Thanks by The Drawn Thread.
I love this pattern so much. The specialty stitches are a blast.




Square 21: Susannah Walker, 1848 by Modern Folk Embroidery
I started this on Christmas day and I've been obsessed with it. 


Square 22: A new start: Pretty Pumpkins by Glendon Place



Square 23: A new start: Sister Suffragette.


Square 24: A new start: Yvonne Leclercq, 1905 by Reflets de Soie


And I left the final square, 25, to work on any new start or WIP.

Thanks for checking out my plans for the year. I hope you have a happy and healthy New Year. 



10 comments:

  1. Wow! You have some absolutely gorgeous projects here - I have tried to do WIPocalypse a couple of times but with no luck - I just can't seem to keep committed to it but I do admire those who do. Good luck for 2021!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I must admit that I wasn't able to keep up with posting every month last year but I'd like to try again.

      Delete
  2. Lovely projects and a nice variety. The Halloween fairy, I stitched too and recently framed. The Chateleine is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll have to check out how you framed your Halloween Fairy :)

      Delete
  3. You have some lovely projects - I look forward to seeing them grow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love each and every one of them! I would have a hard time picking a favorite :) Looking forward to seeing all the progress you make!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Very nice mix of projects. I was tempted by WIPgo but hated to commit and then have to drop out because I get called back into the office (not sure when it will be but I assume sometime this year). Will enjoy watching your progress on these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan. LOL You caught me. I created the WIPGO Board and I'm already ignoring it. Susannah Walker by Modern Folk Embroidery has captured my attention so I haven't picked up anything else.

      I hope we all get to return to normal soon :)

      Delete