Monday, February 1, 2021

January 2021 WIPocalypse

 I started Susannah Walker, 1848 by Modern Folk Embroidery on Christmas Day and I have worked on it almost every day since. Here's my progress thus far:



The last word in that lovely saying should be 'book'. I almost finished stitching the words last night but I made a 1/2 stitch error in the letter 'b' and after ripping it out I was too tired to continue stitching.

The only other project I worked on this month is Sister Suffragette by Summer House Stitche Workes. I started it on Inauguration Day and only got a little bit done.


The WIPocalypse Question of the Month: Tell us about a WIP on which you’ve really struggled to make progress. Explain its history. What appears to be the reason you’re struggling?

In reflecting on this I'm surprised to discover that Herbularius by Chatelaine is the project on which I'm struggling to make progress. Surprising because it is one of my favorite stitches but I didn't work on it at all in 2020. It is a project that requires good light and that I'm not too tired to work on it and I guess I had trouble meeting those requirements. I'm certain pandemic living also interfered with my ability to concentrate. 

I think I'll have to figure out how to create the right conditions to work on it because it makes me sad that it's lingering in a closet.

I hope you had a good month. If you're in a snowstorm, as we are, I hope you are safe and warm.

Happy stitching! xxx
 


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful stitching! I love that little bit of gold on Sister Suffragette. We are in the snow storm today. Quite a bit of snow down already and it only started an hour or so ago. But it is supposed to change to rain later on today so that should help with the shoveling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work on your Sampler and nice to see the Suffragettes out again!
    I'm quite lucky in that I'm happy to stitch in artificial light as well as daylight. But I do need space for my Chatelaine!

    ReplyDelete